Born in Nashville, Tennessee, and finding God's call in his life at age 17, Michael T. Smith has served as Minister of Music in churches across the country, presenting over 170 major productions and concerts, and over 125 music tours - domestic and abroad - for youth, adults and seniors.
In addition to being a worship leader, Michael is an accomplished pianist, composer and arranger
He has done recordings with various artists(most recently an acoustic recording of Michael's arrangements at NBC Studios in Chicago with Moody artist and opera singer Arnold Rawls) and continues to arrange for soloists and for choirs, and continues play piano for worship and give concerts in churches across America.
His most well-known high-voice solo arrangements are "Jesus Loves Me", Love Lifted Me", and "When I Can Read My Title Clear", in collections published by Genevox and Lifeway. His piano collection published by Word Music is "All Loves Excelling". Many of these piano arrangements are used in his concerts, with orchestra.
Michael and his wife, Sharon, have two daughters, Shelley Thames and her husband Knox of Falls Church, Virginia, and Kelley Higgs and her husband Lynn of San Antonio, Texas. They also have five very special grandchildren: Riley, Henry, Emily, Elliot & Christopher.
- 1966-1970 - Bachelor of Music, Baylor University
- 1970-1973 - Minister of Music, First Baptist Church, Hearne, Texas
- 1970-1973 - Master of Music, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 1973-1976 - Minister of Music, First Baptist Church, Silver Spring, Maryland
- 1976-1980 - Minister of Music, First Baptist Church, Conroe, Texas
- 1980-1985 - Minister of Music, Parkway Baptist Church, Jackson, Mississippi
- 1985-1993 - Minister of Music, First Baptist Church, Arlington, Texas
- 1993-2014 - Worship Pastor, First Baptist Church, Wichita Falls, Texas
- 2014 - present - President, Cross Key Productions & Consulting, Prosper, Texas